Polish Review - OPI Liquid Sand

Monday, June 9, 2014

Before yesterday I had a fire engine red on from China Glaze, from three weeks ago. I've been cutting my nails like crazy leading up to a piano performance so I never bothered because I don't like how nail polish looks on my nails when they're short.


During that time I bought this OPI Liquid Sand in Get Your Number from Winners! It's been begging me to try it so after the performance I came straight home to paint my nails, shortness be damned.
 

If you're not familiar with the liquid sand effect, it's basically a glitter polish with a semi-matte effect. No top coat required, producing a texture and look akin to wet sand. Sparkly, awesome sand.




Each bottle comes with a tag that explains you need two coats, which was perfect for myself. Takes a bit longer than normal polishes to dry completely, but since it doesn't need top coat the whole procedure would take the same amount of time, really. The above photo is in natural light at around 6pm.

Under bright sunlight. And oops, up close you can see I didn't apply it very well.



Thumbs up! I'm really digging the semi-matte look, as someone who loves matte polishes but find they chip very easily due to lack of top coat. It's been a day and so far so good with this one, no signs of wearing off just yet.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment